Out of hours emergencies – call 000
For any out of hours in water emergencies, please call 000.
This will allow the appropriate resources to be notified and deployed promptly. These resources may include the after hours call out teams that each surf lifesaving club is required to provide.
If you live in close proximity of the surf club, are over 18, and are interested in being part of the Club’s Out of Hours Call Out Team, please contact the Club Captain.
There are roles available within the Sydney Northern Beaches Branch Support Operations Teams, including SurfCom Operators, Jetski operators and Duty Officers.
If you would like further information, please contact the Club Captain.
All member injuries must be notified to the Branch Duty Officer 24/7, via SurfCom or the Duty Officer out of hours number 0417 692 993.
Skills maintenance checks are necessary to:
- Ensure ongoing competency of members in their area of training and activities
- Maintain the standards of knowledge and expertise of surf life savers
- Satisfy legal and statutory requirements
- Reinforce and maintain our service commitment to the bathing and beach going community
All training resources are available in the SLS Members Area Library in the SLSNSW folder for members to view and refresh their knowledge.
When a skills maintenance check is successfully completed (or a member gains a relevant award after 30 June, in a particular year) the proficiency or qualification is current until 31 December in the following season unless stated otherwise in SurfGuard or via Circular (e.g. Provide First Aid has a three-year proficiency requirement).
Any member who is not proficient by the 31 December, or has not completed appropriate awards shall not be allowed to:
- perform patrols;
- operate rescue craft; or
- compete in surf life saving competitions
until such time as they have met the proficiency requirements as determined for that season.
Skills maintenance checks may be conducted after 31 December under the requirements/approval of the local State/Branch. For competitors this may impact eligibility to compete (see SLSA Policy 5.04 for further details on competitor proficiency/patrol requirements).
Branch have confirmed that members must renew their membership as soon as they are actively participating in SLS activities, including patrolling and training for awards and/or competition.
Instructions for renewing are available on the Membership tab. Please note that there are 2 steps to the process: (1) clicking on ‘Renew’ and then (2) making the payment.
The most important function of the Club is to provide patrols each weekend and public holiday during the surf season.
At South Curl Curl SLSC no lives have been lost between the flags during patrol hours, and we take pride in providing a professional and friendly service to members of the public.
Our Club’s patrolling obligations are set out in a Lifesaving Agreement, which covers patrolling areas, patrol hours, minimum patrolling members and awards to held.
A copy of this season’s Lifesaving Agreement, together with other information relevant to Patrolling Members, is available in TeamApp under ‘Information for Patrolling Members’.
Toby Flemming Swim Towards Wellness – Saturday 18th May 2019
A huge thank you to everyone who supported this event
This is not a race but a supportive swim.
We are catering for up to 50 swimmers this year but hope to make the event bigger as we move forward. Please note we are hopeful for all swimmers to arrive at the finish line together. Some swimmers may need to self handicap to achieve this.
Course distance: 4 Kilometres.
Entry fee: This is a free event – instead of an entry fee we are requesting DONATIONS to go to SWIM TOWARDS WELLNESS via South Curl Curl SLSC. Funds raised will be directed to various Wellness and Mental Health Providers and can be made via our Payment Gateway.
For Description, put ‘Toby Swim – ‘ plus your name. Donations are tax deductible.
Date and time: SATURDAY May 18th(backup dates, if needed, are May 25th and June 1ST)
- 7:00 am – Registration @ South Curl Curl SLSC
- 7:45 am – Bus leaves South Curl Curl SLSC
- 8.15 am – Pre-swimbriefing @ Shelly Beach
- 8.45 am – SWIM START @ Shelly Beach
Caps: Caps will be provided at registration at South Curl Curl SLSC hall.
Safety: Strong water safety from South Curl Curl SLSC will cover the entire event
- All swimmers must sign a waiver BEFORE they swim at registration
- First aid will be at start line and at finish line
- Swimmers are encouraged to “buddy up” and swim in pairs
- A medic launch will also be in attendance
- If you’re unable to do the full distance there will be assistance to help you to return to shore safely at any point in the swim
Registration: Registration will be from 7am at South Curl Curl SLSC hall on the day, where you will also sign a waiver and collect your swim cap.
Card facilities for donations will also be available at clubhouse on the day.
Transport: Our buses will will leave South Curly Clubhouse at 7.45 sharp to transport all swimmers from South Curl Curl SLSC to Shelly Beach.
Competitor gear & swim caps: All belongings will be tagged and returned from Shelly Beach to South Curly, giving easy access at the completion of the swim.
Swimming aids: Please feel free to wear a wetsuit and use flippers if you wish.
Post swim entertainment: Please join us at the South Curly Clubhouse after the swim for some refreshments and entertainment. We will also share the story behind the swim towards wellness, as well as our future swim plans.
SOUTH CURL CURL SLSC.
SOLD OUT – As of Sunday 15th October. Sorry if you were hoping to come along to the Trivia Night and haven’t yet registered your table, we have full house and cannot fit any more into the club house. Look out for the next one and get it quick.
Our first social event of the 2017/18 season is just around the corner. Get your table organised and buy your tickets asap, they’ll be hot property! https://southcurlcurlslsc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/SCC-Trivia-Night-2017.pdf
Applications are invited for the role of Resident Caretaker at South Curl Curl SLSC.
The current caretakers have given notice to vacate in October 2022 but are flexible with the change over date.
Details of the role description:
Please submit your application to the Club inbox at SCC_Inbox or by post to PO Box 18, Freshwater 2096
by Sunday 24th July 2022.
Interviews for the position are expected to be held on the weekend of 30-31st July 2022.
1. Customer focus – ability to sell the facility to potential hirers and explain the hiring process
2. Cleaning Focus – Desire and ability to keep the entire site clean and tidy
3. Past service history with South Curly, with emphasis on recent service is a definite advantage
4. SLS qualifications may count to the extent that after hours rescues can occur
5. Vision and Values – do you demonstrate the values we want our club to portray?
6. Duration – are you prepared to remain in the role for at least 3 years?
7. Coverage – will you have sufficient time for all the activities outlined in the role description?
8. Capable of handling payments and refunds, maintaining basic accounts and updating an online calendar
9. Capable of handling potentially drunken and rowdy party attendees and getting them to depart quietly
Note that in the past preference has been given to joint applicants over sole applicants based on their ability to share the workload.
The following is an older document which provides further details about expectations.