Toby Flemming Swim Towards Wellness – Saturday 18th May 2019
A huge thank you to everyone who supported this event
This is not a race but a supportive swim.
We are catering for up to 50 swimmers this year but hope to make the event bigger as we move forward. Please note we are hopeful for all swimmers to arrive at the finish line together. Some swimmers may need to self handicap to achieve this.
Course distance: 4 Kilometres.
Entry fee: This is a free event – instead of an entry fee we are requesting DONATIONS to go to SWIM TOWARDS WELLNESS via South Curl Curl SLSC. Funds raised will be directed to various Wellness and Mental Health Providers and can be made via our Payment Gateway.
For Description, put ‘Toby Swim – ‘ plus your name. Donations are tax deductible.
Date and time: SATURDAY May 18th(backup dates, if needed, are May 25th and June 1ST)
- 7:00 am – Registration @ South Curl Curl SLSC
- 7:45 am – Bus leaves South Curl Curl SLSC
- 8.15 am – Pre-swimbriefing @ Shelly Beach
- 8.45 am – SWIM START @ Shelly Beach
Caps: Caps will be provided at registration at South Curl Curl SLSC hall.
Safety: Strong water safety from South Curl Curl SLSC will cover the entire event
- All swimmers must sign a waiver BEFORE they swim at registration
- First aid will be at start line and at finish line
- Swimmers are encouraged to “buddy up” and swim in pairs
- A medic launch will also be in attendance
- If you’re unable to do the full distance there will be assistance to help you to return to shore safely at any point in the swim
Registration: Registration will be from 7am at South Curl Curl SLSC hall on the day, where you will also sign a waiver and collect your swim cap.
Card facilities for donations will also be available at clubhouse on the day.
Transport: Our buses will will leave South Curly Clubhouse at 7.45 sharp to transport all swimmers from South Curl Curl SLSC to Shelly Beach.
Competitor gear & swim caps: All belongings will be tagged and returned from Shelly Beach to South Curly, giving easy access at the completion of the swim.
Swimming aids: Please feel free to wear a wetsuit and use flippers if you wish.
Post swim entertainment: Please join us at the South Curly Clubhouse after the swim for some refreshments and entertainment. We will also share the story behind the swim towards wellness, as well as our future swim plans.
SOUTH CURL CURL SLSC.