The South Curl Curl Surf Life Saving Club annual ‘Ocean Swim’ Classic is an approximately 2km ‘destination swim’ from South Curl Curl Beach around the headland to Freshwater Beach. Swimmers are provided with a fantastic course taking in a small amount of reef, a small amount of blue water, but mostly sandy bottom. Spectators will enjoy practically 100% views of the swim as they follow along the new walkway built along the Curly headland. Once swim is completed join your hosts back at the South Curly SLSC for a BBQ and prompt presentations.
- Venue – South Curl Curl Beach, registration in the surf club. Course goes south around the point to Freshwater. If the weather conspires against this course, organisers will look to running over an alternative circuit course off Curl Curl beach.
- Time/Date – Sunday 21st May 2023, 8:30am race start (sharp)
- Registration – race day – 7-8am
- Entry fee – $40 Advance entries or $50 on the day
- Online entries close – 3pm, Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Mimimum age – 14
- Under 18 swimmers – Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact. Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do. Entries of U18 swimmers are not complete without this complete parental/guardian consent. Entries of U18 swimmers must use the parent’s email, address, not that of the U18 entrant.
- Conditions – This swim runs along the cliff from South Curl Curl to Freshwater. The course holds the peloton out to sea a little, avoiding the worst of the backwash from the swell bumping into the cliff. At this time of year, there’s a good chance the wind will be offshore, however, and this will smooth conditions considerably. This is a glorious swim at its best, and an adventure, much like Tama-Cloey, when conditions are more difficult.
- Maximum entries – 300.
You can enter our event online via Oceanswims.com. Click here for direct link to online entries.
The swim is proudly sponsored by great local corporate supporters, please get behind them and return the favour. Without them we could not put on this great event. Our ongoing thanks to Freshwater Community Bank branch of Bendigo Bank.
Further Information and Contacts
If you need any further information, please email email@example.com and we’ll get back to you ASAP.