RENEWING MEMBERS CLICK HERE. 2017/18 PATROLLING MEMBERS $70, ASSOCIATE $50
South Curl Curl Surf Life Saving Club welcomes membership enquiries from all-comers regardless of age and skill levels. Training is available in all facets of surf life saving and members are encouraged to obtain the various life saving qualifications. For further details, please see ‘Education’.
As a minimum requirement, all active senior members must acquire their Bronze Medallion. This award requires a basic level of fitness and swimming competency and instruction in rescue and resuscitation techniques.
The Club has a relatively small and friendly membership base and all interests are catered for whether competitive or social. Nippers are especially welcome and we endeavour to ensure the emphasis is on fun.
New to Surf Life Saving – Here’s How to Join our club
If this is the first time you or your child has registered to be a surf club member, you need to follow these steps
- Complete the SLSA membership form
- Bring the pre-filled form, together with proof of age (birth certificate, passport, drivers licence) to the club.
- Once your form has been validated, pay the relevant membership fee – see table below
New memberships will only be processed once an application form is submitted together with payment and proof of age (birth certificate, passport, drivers licence). To speed things up on the day, please pre-fill the membership form and ensure you have all of the above with you when you attend the registration session.
SLSA requires all nippers to be current financial members, non-financial members will therefore not be able to participate until their membership is renewed and paid online.
Note: The first Nippers day this season is 9am 15th October
Renewing Nippers & Members
If you are a returning member, please complete your renewal ONLINE – it’s a two-step process, you need to renew your surf lifesaving membership and submit the payment. Note: an administration fee of $10 per membership may be charged to those not using this method.
- Login or create an account in the SLSA members portal click here
- After renewing your membership, pay your membership fee. See below for fee information.
Online Membership Troubleshooting
- If you experience difficulties in setting up an online account, please email the club at firstname.lastname@example.org check your details in the Surfguard system as they may differ to those you are using to set up your online account. We can check and update, so the systems match.
- The online form you complete and ‘sign’ in the online registration process replaces the traditional, paper registration form.
- Note– a separate account is needed for each club member, however the same email address and password may be used for multiple accounts. You are also able to make one payment to cover all membership fees.
|Life Members||Registration renewal required||Nil|
|Long Service Members||More than 25 years service & aged over 60 years
Must fulfill Patrol Obligations
Includes Gym Membership, subject to availability
|Active Senior & Reserve||Must fulfill Patrol Obligations
Includes Gym Membership, subject to availability
|Active Junior & Cadets||Must fulfill Patrol Obligations
Juniors are between 15 – 18 years
|Bronze Medallion||Includes probationary membership, manual, medallion & training||170|
|Nippers||For insurance purposes, it is a requirement that at least one parent/caregiver becomes an Associate Member.||100|
|Associate Membership||Non patrolling members||50|
|Gym (Associate) Membership||Only available to patrolling members and subject to availability||150|
|Family Membership Limit||Includes up to 2 adults and their children who are under 18 or full-time students||250|
Working with Children Check
NOTE: If you are either a nippers parent who intends to help out on the beach, an Age Manager or a patrolling member, you also need to provide your Working with Children registration number. (WWC). If you don’t already have a WWC number, you can apply online here. Its free and only takes a few minutes. Once you’ve completed the onlne element, you need to present your drivers licence at a Services NSW office and present your drivers licence to complete the process and get your WWC accreditation number. The WWC check lasts 5years so if you have a current WWC number from a different organization, please let the club know the details. Click Here
- Returning Members are strongly advised to renew online before the start of the season to ensure that they are covered for insurance purposes (protects the individual and the Club).
- Council Parking Permits are only available to active Members that have paid their Membership Fees for the current season (subject to Council rules). The Form is available from the Office.
- If you have any questions or queries regarding the registration process, please contact us at email@example.com
Member Images on Video and in Photographs – Non Consent Form
South Curl Curl Surf Lifesaving Club has a long and proud history that we seek to maintain and promote. As such, during the course of the year photographs may be taken of members during general club activities, carnivals and presentations.
A number of photos are chosen throughout the year to be part of the South Curl Curl Annual Report, as photos for display within the clubhouse and/or one of the club’s slideshows. The club values the use of these images and may choose to use them on our website.
If you are a parent of a junior club member, you may wish to discuss this issue with your son or daughter. You may also wish to view this website for examples of photographic use.
To meet the requirements of the Privacy Act, South Curl Curl SLSC has created this generic note to members and parents requesting individuals and parents to inform the club if permission is not given for images taken to be used for club initiatives.
Member/parent/child permission will be sought for images that are requested for use for special purposes outside of the surf club context. This only requires a response if permission is not granted. By not responding, the club will assume that permission to take and use images of individual members has been granted.
Download the Member Images on Video and in Photographs – Non Consent Form here. This can be placed in an envelope and handed to your patrol captain or age manager.